On Sunday, December 10th, from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., enjoy the sights and sounds of an old-fashioned holiday celebration in Historic Albany, Oregon. This year the tour will feature six historic homes decorated for the holidays. Along with the homes on tour, you may visit the Whitespires Church (1891), United Presbyterian Church (1912-13), Albany Regional Museum (1887), Monteith House Museum (1849), and Carnegie Library (1914).
About the event
- Father Christmas will be out and about with his bag of treats.
- The Monteith House Museum will be lit by oil lamp and fire light.
- Take a moment to enjoy the fire lit in the Carnegie Library. It is the only time all year this fireplace is used and it creates a soft warm glow that transcends time.
- Christmas music will be played at various locations, including music with Gayle Clady and Marsha Fisher at the United Presbyterian Church.
- Whitespires Church encourages visitors to ring the bell in its tower.
- Light refreshments included in ticket price.
- Chafin Farms horse-drawn wagon(pictured above) will take you through the Historic Downtown District and the vintage trolley will be making rounds as well.
*The online ticket sale option is closed at this time. Please purchase your tickets at the address below.
Purchase Tickets Day of Event In Person
On Sunday, December 10th, purchase your tickets at the Albany Visitors Association 110 3rd Ave SE on the day of the event. Ticket sales begin at 1:00 p.m. and continue until 6:00 p.m. The tour hours are 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Music, refreshments, horse-drawn wagon rides, and vintage trolley rides are all included in the $15 ticket price ($12 for seniors and groups of 10 or more). Well-behaved children under 12 are admitted free with a paid adult. Proceeds benefit Monteith House Museum.
Take Your Time
This tour is self-guided. You can tour the homes in any order you like. Spend as much or as little time at each location as suites you. Transportation is by your own vehicle, by horse drawn wagon and vintage trolley. Several of the buildings are within walking distance of each other, a few may be outside your comfortable walking distant requiring your own vehicle for transportation. Visitors usually take 3 to 4 hours, sometimes more.
Find unique gifts in antique and specialty stores. Taste holiday treats in one of the many eateries in Historic Downtown Albany. There will be a list of the downtown shops and restaurants open on tour day.
Come a little early for some holiday shopping! Starting on November 5th and continuing through December 17th, Gallery Calapooia will be open on Sundays from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. to accommodate holiday shoppers.
Albany’s Annual Interior Tours were created by a group of friends and neighbors to share the past through the architecture of historic dwellings. They are coordinated by Albany’s Historic Interior Home Tour Committee and sponsored by the Monteith Historical Society.
For more information about Albany’s Historic Interior Tours and other Albany events and attractions contact the Albany Visitors Association: 541-928-0911.
Be sure to mark your calendar for the Summer Tour of Historic Homes and Buildings, held the last Saturday of July each year. The 2018 Summer Tour will be held July 28, 2018.