Looking for things to do in Albany this summer with your family? We’ve created a summertime challenge to put an end to summer boredom for kids and parents alike. For the fifth year in a row, kids can pick up a free Journey to the Center of Albany passport full of ideas for fun activities and the chance to win big prizes.
How to Play: Kids can grab a passport and a map to lead them on their quest for summertime treasure. You can get a passport in two ways:
- Passports will be available starting Saturday, June 18th from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at a kick-off event at the Albany Visitors Association, 110 3rd Ave. SE.
- You can pick one up at any time after June 18 all summer long at the Albany Visitors Association while supplies last.
To play along, pick up your passport and then start visiting locations on the map to earn stamps. Look for the Journey to the Center of Albany Summer Passport 2016 “Hot Spot” sign at participating locations. Upon completion, children will report back to the AVA with their stamped passports and be entered into a raffle for prizes. Passport holders do not have to visit every location to enter the drawing. No purchase or entry fee is necessary at any stop to receive a passport stamp–the program is 100 percent free.
- You can find the list of past participating locations here: 2016 Passport Locations
- Stay in touch and be informed of updates all summer long by following the Journey to the Center of Albany Facebook page!
How to Win: At the end of the summer, stop by the Albany Visitors Association (110 3rd Ave SE) to report on your adventures and receive raffle tickets that will give you chances to win fun prizes. The more stamps in your passport, the more chances to win you’ll receive!
- It’s not necessary to complete the entire passport to be entered in the drawings.
- The deadline to turn in passports is Aug. 31, 2016.
- And where is the center of Albany you ask? Sign up for the program to find out where this fabulous raffle will take place.
- See our Passport Flyer 2016 for more details
What you might Win:
- Two round-trip tickets to Portland on the Amtrak Cascades (Grand prize winner)
- A ride in an Albany Fire Department fire truck
- A 1 hour plane ride at Infinite Air Center
- Gift certificates from Surefire, the Pix Theater and Albany Community Pool; adventure books; Knights baseball fan gear, water bottles; carousel souvenirs; historic toys; and travel games.
The adventure ends with the raffle drawing following the August 31, 2016 turn in date.
The passport adventures are geared toward elementary-age children, but kids, parents, babysitters and grandparents of all ages are welcome to join in on the fun.
The passport program was developed by the Albany Visitors Association, the Albany Regional Museum, and the Monteith House Museum. Other sponsors include More Ink of Albany. Grant funds from the Linn County Cultural Coalition have helped make the program available free.
Got questions? Call 541-928-0911 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll find the answers!