Is sitting at home with kids on the fifth straight snow day starting to make you crazy? No worries! There are plenty of things to do with your family in Albany. Bundle up, drive cautiously, and have fun!
1. Explore a park. Albany has more than two dozen parks, a community garden, and several running and walking trails. Bryant Park, one of the few spots in Albany to feature a good downhill slope, becomes a favorite sledding spot in the snow.
2. Visit the museum. The Albany Regional Museum is open from 11-4 on weekdays. Their current exhibit is all about what it was like to grow up in Albany 100 years ago.
3. Go see a movie. The Albany Pix Theater features new releases and special holiday movies. A special snow day showing of "Free Birds" and showings of the holiday family movie "Elf" will keep kiddos entertained.
4. Visit Santa. The big guy in red is in residence at Heritage Mall from now through Dec. 24th. Let the little ones tell him all about their Christmas wishes and get that classic Santa's lap photo.
5. Go to Christmas Storybookland. Bundle up (it's not heated!) and visit Albany's very own holiday wonderland.(6:30-8:30 p.m. weekdays, 10-8:30 p.m. weekends) A community tradition for 37 years, Christmas Storybookland lets visitors wander through more than 80 storybook and fairytale scenes, marvel at a dollhouse village, and enjoy elaborate model train displays. Admission is free, but bring a can of food to donate if you can.