Once again, the Albany Visitors Association is helping to make the holiday season bright by sponsoring the 31st Annual Night Time Magic Holiday Light Program. Residents are encouraged to enter this contest for the best home/business light displays.
Three winners will be selected and one group entry will be awarded the “Best Neighborly Effort.” Winners will be entitled to bragging rights for the entire year, and one of three fabulous prizes as determined by the prize committee. Be a part of Historic Albany’s “Magic!”
The contest is an annual tradition to help the city celebrate the season and create holiday lights for residents and visitors to enjoy. Participants are encouraged to share the source for their inspiration such as: family tradition; favorite holiday book, movie or special; music, dance or art; special collection; just lights, lights and more lights—the more the merrier!; or your own idea or inspiration for creating the display.
- Entries must be within the city limits of Albany.
- Homeowners are encouraged to use lights to illuminate their yard decorations.
- Lights need to be on from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. December 1, 2018 – January 1, 2019. (If entry form submitted after Dec 1st, you have until December 9th to display lights.)
- Entries for “Best Neighborly Effort” must have three or more partners in a concentrated area.
- Entry/Nomination Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on December 9, 2018.
Entry forms can be picked up (or requested via e-mail: email@example.com) and returned to Albany Visitors Association at 110 3rd Ave SE, Albany, OR 9732. Or download an entry form and return per instructions above.
Winners will be announced by December 15, 2018 and prize distribution made soon after.
People wishing to drive the route to look at the entries can pick up a list of participants and a map at the Albany Visitors Association beginning December 15, 2018. Lights will be up through January 1, 2019.
Thank you to all the homeowners who participate in this program, without your efforts this wonderful community tradition would not be possible.
Previous Holiday Light Award Winners
- Piedmont Christmas Cul-de-sac, 6127 Piedmont Pl SW, Albany, OR 97321
- It’s the Most Magical Time of the Year, 3849 Oakmont Loop NE, Albany, OR 97322
- Let There be Light, 797 Fairmont Drive NE, Albany, OR 97322
- Candy Cane Colored Cape Cod Colonial, 1122 11th Ave SW Albany, Oregon 97321
- Holiday Greetings in Downtown Albany, No Dinx Inc., 139 SE 1st Ave, Albany, OR 97321
- 3849 Oakmont Loop NE, Albany, OR 97322
- 2035 Jefferson St SE, Albany, OR 97321
- 255 Country Club Ln NW, Albany OR 97321
- 1327 NW North Albany Rd, Albany, Oregon 97321
- 222 Fourth Avenue SE, Albany OR 97321
- 1000 Lincoln St SW, Albany OR 97321
- 2905 Lawnridge St SW, Albany OR 97321
- 140 First Avenue West, Albany, Oregon 97321
- 627 Broadalbin SW, Albany OR 97321
- 4160 Evergreen Street SE, Albany OR 97322
- 2110 Geary Street SE, Albany OR 97322
- 2670 Kingston Way NW, Albany OR 97321
- Washington Street houses, block 600
- 514 NE 13th Ave.
- Santa on the rooftop view from Bridge & Water Ave.
- 5th Avenue SW, block 800
- 630 Seventh Avenue SW