The 2019 Winners of the Albany Light Contest
First of all, congratulations to all of this year’s winners in this colorful display of community holiday spirit, and thanks to all of the participants. Below is a map and list of winners for this year’s contest. So, travel around at dusk and enjoy all of the submissions. Bundle up, pack the popcorn, a thermos of hot cocoa and warm up the car. It’s time to see the lights!
And the winners are…
- “Snowman Santa Christmas Lights,” 1350 NW Springhill Dr., Albany, OR 97321
- “Candy Cane Come Back,” 3030 Lawnridge St. SW, Albany, OR 97321
- “Christmas Dragster,” 2820 Lawnridge St. SW, Albany, OR 97321
- “Best Dressed Historic Home,” 240 4th SE, Albany, OR 97321
- “Santa, Stop Here!,” 4219 Winners Circle Ave. SE, Albany, OR 97322
- “Christmas Spirit on Waverly Drive,” 1924 Waverly Dr. SE, Albany, OR 97322
And the runners-up are…
- “Santa’s Landing,” 626 34th Ave. SE, Albany, OR 97322
- “Lights, Lights & More Lights,” 1327 North Albany Rd. NW, Albany, OR 97321
Winners will receive a Winner Award Certificate and a $50 gift card to Albany’s downtown first-run movie house, The Pix Theatre.
The Contest Details for 2020
Are you the Albany neighbor whose fantastic yard decorations are on everyone’s holiday must-see list? Then make sure you enter the “33rd Annual Night Time Magic Holiday Light Contest” in 2020. Albany Visitors Association hosts this fun event for our community each December.
You can take inspiration for your display from a family tradition, a favorite holiday movie or book, music and other creative arts, or whatever strikes your fancy. Lights can be any color, as well as clear. If you have large exterior decorations, light them up!
Once all entries have been received and the judging is complete, we will publish a map of the participating addresses so that visitors can take a festive tour of the neighborhood.
Entry forms are available at the AVA office, M-F, 9 – 5, Sat 9 – 3, at 110 3rd Ave SE, Albany, OR or download a PDF entry form. Deadline for the 2020 submissions will be announced at a later date *The contest is open to Albany city-limits residents only.
Telephone us if you have any questions: 541-928-0911.
*Large photo at top of page by Cathy Webb.