Welcome to our brand new industry page. It is currently under construction (we will be adding as much as possible in the upcoming weeks to keep you current), but we encourage you to stop by periodically and see the latest news of interest to our local hoteliers, restaurant owners, and business operators. Feel free to contact us if you have news to share that would benefit our hospitality and tourism industry. We hope to announce a quarterly newsletter soon, tailored just for you.
Industry partner links
Travel Oregon and the Oregon Tourism Commission Sign up for industry newsletters, join a targeted tourism development group, participate in workshops, receive hospitality training, attend commission meetings and tourism conferences.
Oregon Restaurant and Lodging Association Sign up for podcasts, industry video news, e-newsletters, and a variety of information pertaining to the restaurant and lodging industry—including important legislative bills.
Hospitality Vision A mobile “pocket” concierge and hospitality app developer, providing lodging and tourism partners with welcome screens, hotel digital directories, interactive GPS maps, food delivery systems, iPad concierge lobby services, lobby displays and local business coupons, hotel info channels, and much much more.
Willamette Valley Visitors Association “WVVA” is the tourism-marketing umbrella for destination marketing organizations that fall inside Willamette Valley counties, including Yamhill, Clackamas, Polk, Linn, Lane, Marion and the Mt. Hood Territory. WVVA offers multiple opportunities for industry businesses to obtain grants and training, and ways to keep in touch by subscribing to e-news, and publishing itineraries and blogs of interest to visitors.
Travel & Words Conference This annual conference is produced by a group of travel media and industry professionals who live and work in the Northwest. The goals of the Travel & Words conference are to:
- Explore changes and trends in the freelance travel writing world.
- Facilitate mutually productive networking between destination marketers and freelance writers.
- Support travel and tourism industry professionals who highlight destinations, attractions and all season recreation in Washington, Oregon Idaho, Montana, Alaska and British Columbia.
- Educate participants about the use of social media and online forums in marketing one’s brand related to travel writing.
- Expose freelance writers to potential editorial markets, including print and new media.
- Address best practices of interest to travel writers, bloggers, editors and destination marketers.
Industry associates may find it beneficial to either attend the conference or exhibit as a vendor.
Oregon Governor’s Conference on Tourism Organized by Travel Oregon, this annual conference brings the industry together to educate, inspire and connect tourism stakeholders and business partners. Through innovative programming, the annual conference will help guide and align Oregon’s seven diverse regions. Attend and/or be a sponsor or exhibitor. Anyone in the tourism or hospitality industry can register. The conference is typically held in early spring.