The Cumberland Church building has been a part of Albany for 130 years. The church was built in 1892 by the Cumberland Presbyterians, a progressive branch of the Presbyterian Church. When it was dedicated on May 5, 1892, it was a rectangular, one room meeting-style church. The building was moved to its new home on the corner of Santiam and Pine on October 17, 2021. The new address is 1400 Santiam Road SE. Once restoration is complete, the Cumberland would offer educational and enrichment programs for children and families, provide a facility for the arts, education, recreation, celebration and locally-based activities, and invite groups, both public and private, to rent the building for events. Read more about the history of the Cumberland at AlbanyCumberland.org.