Whether coming to, leaving from or getting to important places in and around Albany, convenient transportation modes are available for either. Here are several ways to travel while in town or planning a trip:
Around Linn and Benton Counties
- Linn Shuttle provides transportation between Sweet Home, Lebanon, and Albany.
- The Linn-Benton Loop system (541-917-7667) provides bus service between Albany and Corvallis, six days a week.
- Albany’s historic train depot was built in 1908 and recently restored. The station is a destination stop for the Amtrak Railroad. (1-800-USA-RAIL)
- Groome Transportation (877-693-3785) provides shuttles to and from the Portland or Eugene Airport.
- The Albany Municipal Airport, in operation since 1920, was the first airport in Oregon to be named to the National Register of Historic Places. Ongoing preservation projects at the airport are dedicated to preserving its historic hangars.
If you plan to stay put and still want to enjoy some of Albany’s terrific restaurants, consider having food delivered to you through DoorDash or Grubhub. Click here for a list of restaurants and up-to-date information on their indoor/outdoor dining policies, take-out availability and other information.