For those popping in for a quick visit to our city and for those of us that live here, here’s a short list of things to do over the long weekend. As always, you can visit our what to do and see other ideas, but we thought maybe you’d like to grab some information and go!
1) Visit a Willamette Valley winery for some great tasting opportunities all weekend long. If you love our award winning Oregon wines and plan on having a few free days around Memorial Day Weekend, explore the tasting experience at a local Willamette Valley winery.
If you’re staying close by, Marks Ridge Winery in Sweet Home (pictured above) boasts the best views in the Willamette Valley at their high ridge-top tasting room. They’re offering a special weekend of tasting on the holiday weekend, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, from noon to 5:00 p.m. The winery is located at 29255 Berlin Rd in Sweet Home.
2) Get a jump on the weekend and visit “Springtime at the Roost” on Friday and Saturday, May 26 and 27, at 10:00 a.m. This is a delightful short trip into the countryside of North Albany for a shopping paradise at the Vintage Roost. Antiques, collectibles, baked goods and hand-fashioned home and garden decor by 30 local crafters. Located in a charming restored 100+ year old barn at 935 NW Scenic Drive. Parking available on Scenic Dr, driveway available to drop off customers. Call 541-990-4191 for more information.
3) Do old coins and tokens fascinate you? It’s a great pastime to introduce the kids to. The Mid-Valley Coin, Currency, and Token Show will run on Saturday and Sunday May 27 and 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with free admission. Early admittance is offered for $25 at 8 a.m. Saturday only. It will be held at the Linn County Fair and Expo Center: 3700 Knox Butte Road, Albany Oregon. For more information, call Monte at 503-769-7183.
4) For those competitive athletes, how about the Sweet Home Hero Half Marathon? Held on Saturday, May 27, at 10:00 a.m. Bring your family, camp in the Willamette Valley, and spend your memorial day honoring our Military Heroes. Register to run a half marathon, 8K, or mini half (1.3 miles). Registration now available at GetMeRegistered.com.
5) On Sunday, May 28, why not take in a matinee at the Albany Civic Theatre? The musical Sweeney Todd is sure to fascinate and entertain. Performances run through the weekend but the Sunday matinee starts at 2:30 pm. Visit www.albanycivic.org for ticket information. The theater is located at 111 First Ave SW.