Holiday Light Contest 2017
Once again, the Albany Visitors Association is helping to make the holiday season bright by sponsoring the 30th Annual Night Time Magic Holiday Light Program. Residents are encouraged to enter a contest for best use of lights in decorating the exterior of their homes.
Three winners will be selected to win great prizes and one will be awarded the “Best Neighborly Effort.” Winners will be entitled to bragging rights for the entire year, and one of three fabulous prizes as determined by the prize committee. Be a part of Historic Albany’s magic!
The contest theme is “Holiday Night Time Magic.”
Participants are encouraged to share the source for their inspiration such as:
- A family tradition.
- A favorite holiday book, movie or special.
- Music, dance or art as inspiration.
- A special collection.
- Just Lights, Lights and more Lights.
- Or another favorite idea or inspiration (you fill in the blank!) _______________________.
- Entries must be within the Albany City limits.
- Homeowners are encouraged to use lights to illuminate their decorations.
- Lights need to be on from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm, December 1, 2017 – January 1, 2018.
- Entries for “Best Neighborly Effort” must have three or more partners in a concentrated area.
- Entry/Nomination Deadline: 5:00 pm on December 10, 2017.
Decorations can be any style and lights can be white, clear or colored.
Entry forms can be picked up, printed out by using the following PDF: Night Time Magic Holiday Light Contest Entry Form, or requested via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. All forms should be turned into the Albany Visitors Association at 110 3rd Ave SE, Albany, OR 97321.
Winners will be announced by December 15th, and presentations made soon after.
People wishing to drive or walk through the historic districts to look at the displays can pick up a list of participants and a map at the Albany Visitors Association beginning December 15th. Lights will be on through January 1, 2018.
Thank you to all the homeowners who participate in this program, without your efforts this wonderful community tradition would not be possible.