Are you a dedicated and passionate shutterbug? Do you love Albany OR and the surrounding region? Well the 2018 AVA Photo and Video Contest is your opportunity to share your photos in Albany Visitors Association publications, as well as on our website and in social media. The rules and entry forms are available in the sections below.
Enter and be featured during the awards party at The Pix
This year the awards ceremony will be held at the Pix Movie Theater in Downtown Albany. The reception will be held on March 10, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
There are many wonderful categories in which to compete:
- SCENIC Picturesque photos of Albany, Linn County, and the Willamette Valley.
- LANDMARKS Images of covered bridges, historic buildings, etc. in Albany, Linn County, etc.
- EVENTS Photos of events such as, Northwest Art & Air Festival, River Rhythms, Farmers Market, Veterans Day Parade, Linn County Fair, and other events in the Willamette Valley.
- LIFE IN OUR COMMUNITY Photos of activities such as golf, paddling, hiking, bicycling, farming, etc.
- OPEN A photo that does not fit into one of the first four categories but was taken within Oregon.
- HISTORIC ALBANY DISTRICTS A photo depicting one of Albany’s four historic districts; e.g. a storefront, architectural detail, building, home, etc.
- CULINARY Enticing photos of Albany’s local culinary and beverage scene, such as restaurants and wineries/breweries; dishes created by local chefs; produce from local farms; and other food and beverage photographs.
- VIDEO Video/drone footage is also accepted within each of the categories. Please see the rules for video in the “Contest Entry Packet” section.
Please follow the instructions below in order to not have your entries rejected. We are happy to help you if you have any questions about the instructions. Telephone us at 541-928-0911. We encourage you to enter, even if you have never submitted your work professionally. All levels of ability and age groups are welcome!
Deadline to submit your images is February 16, 2018.
- All photos must have been taken within the last three years
- Images must be from Albany (including North Albany) and/or Linn County. The only exception would be in the “Open” category, where any locale in Oregon would be accepted.
- An entry fee of $2.00 per image should be submitted, payable at time of entry (cash or check only). This will help defray the cost of enlargements for the AVA contest display. Checks should be made payable to Albany Visitors Association.
- All images submitted should be in digital format. You may use a disc or flash drive. The minimum size is 300 DPI, 1MB. Please set your camera or mobile device to the largest size. We cannot use small file sizes in publications. If you need help in finding your camera’s settings, please let us know. We may be able to help you.
- Label each image with the following file designation: Title, Name of Photographer, Date. For example: The Pix Theater_Bob Brown_180216 (year, month, day)
- Entrants will be required to sign a release allowing AVA to use the images (without recompense) for promotional purposes. Image credit will be given whenever possible. Photographers retain all rights to their photos.
- Photos may be in color and/or black and white,
- Images may be digitally enhanced (cropping, exposure, saturation, contrast, etc.) but not artificially manipulated (double exposures, layers, combined images, etc.)
- All images must be entrants’ own work
- Images submitted must not have been used in other media prior to this contest
- Photographers must sign the completed Model Release form (below in the “Contest Entry Packet” section) for any image that prominently features an individual or group of individuals, with recognizable face/s. No release, no entry.
- All entries should be submitted to AVA offices, located at 110 3rd Ave SE, in downtown Albany by 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 16, 2018.
- VIDEO: Specific rules apply to video. Please read (PDF) the rules.
Contest Entry Packet
We have provided all entry forms, rules, and release forms below in downloadable PDFs. Please print the documents and fill in the forms manually. The forms must be submitted along with entry fees and your digital photos. If you need help with printing an entry packet, stop by AVA, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and we will provide hard copies of the packet for you.
- Photo Contest Dates and Categories (PDF)
- Photo Contest Rules (PDF)
- Photo Contest Entry Form (PDF)
- Model Release Form (PDF)
- Photo Release Form (PDF)
- Video Contest Rules (PDF)
- Video Contest Entry Form (PDF)
Remember to telephone us if you have any questions or need help with the contest: 541-928-0911. Deadline to submit your images is February 16, 2018.